Website Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

i7-920 now lives here!

The release of Lightroom 3 turned out to be  good timing.  I was assembling an i-7 920 processor based system to provide support for CS5 and now I get to migrate Lightroom 2.7 to  Lightroom 3 at the same time.  I have already installed the trial versions for both programs and will license them both before the 30 day trial period ends. Already loaded EDD Pro, thanks to Sergio and Jerry previously learning that a 64-bit Sentinel driver is available for the usb dongle (anti-piracy).

I still need to load Lumapix Fotofusion, Photomatix, neat image, Qimage, Epson 7900 drivers, Intuous 3 Wacom tablet drivers and take a look at the mogrify plug-in (for Lightroom) by Timothy Armes, but with the changes and additions that have been made to Lightroom  3, it’s highly unlikely that I will need to “mogrify” my files when converting to jpeg.

I'm having to reconfigure my KVM a bit. I need another DVI to VGA adaptor for the old system so I can run both the old and the new as switch between them as necessary.  I also discovered that either I have a faulty ps/2 to usb adaptor or the motherboard is sensitive to such things.

One item I overlooked is whether or not there is a 64-bit driver available for my color calibration equipment.  I’m hoping it is, as I’d prefer not to be in the market for  new color calibration software and equipment.
I’ll share more, including pics as I have the time to direct my attention along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment